Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky
and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Is It Friday Yet?

Resorting to bullet points.  Sorry.
  • We're all still alive and I'm even well (knocking furiously on wood).  Trying to adjust to being back to school and work, which is a bit tougher of an adjustment than I anticipated. Jacob started middle school and he doesn't get home until 4:15.  So far, that makes it difficult to practice 2 instruments, do homework, do chores, spend time with family, take private lessons, and do the myriad of other things we all have to do.  We're working on it.  Eventually, hopefully, it will all come together.
  • Big storm tonight.  Loss of power, old news for our neighborhood, you can pretty much count on that.  Unfortunately, we lost a limb in a maple tree close to our house and it got caught in the tree.  So we have a good sized limb dangling over our deck (my grill, gah! I need to cook on my grill!), close to the house and power lines. I'm afraid of 1. how much it will cost to get it cleared, 2. when we'll be able to get someone out to do it.  The first company told me it would be weeks.  Ugh!
  • Meal plan's done. Woot!  Busy times up ahead, for sure.  Date night, quick trip to see Rebekah, endless errands and grocery shopping (hardest part of working full-time for me, I think), a camping trip (cross your fingers the weather cooperates), doctor appointments, and even a weekend away for Mark and I (which I also have mixed feelings about.  *sigh*)
  • Extra long meal plan as I'm trying to avoid grocery shopping next weekend.
  • I love my new washer.  Our water bill has gone from $350/ quarter to $261.  Wow!  Go front loaders!
  • After realizing that I had not bought undies, bras or socks in honestly years, I've been correcting that.  Feels wonderful.  I've moved on to replacing dying nightgowns and amping up my wardrobe.  Long overdue. 
  •  Julianna graduated to hard shoes in her Irish dance class.  A very big deal indeed that is making her little heart sing.  So happy for her.
Welp, that's it.  All I've got.  Just checking in to update a little of what's going on around here.  Hope you have a good week.  Inching, and I do mean inching, along to Friday.  

2 comments:

Kat said...

Isn't it amazing how good new underwear makes you feel? It always makes me wonder why I waited so long. Crazy. ;)

Congrats to Julianna! That is so exciting!

We (well, me) are having a hard time getting back into the swing of school too. We have football, swim class, boy scouts, SOMETHING every single night. Plus, three boys with homework and field trips and constant paperwork. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes.

*sigh*

Susanne said...

Bummer about the tree. Hopefully it's cleared sooner than they figured and for a decent price. I love my front loader too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...